Edgerly Hall, built in 1909, is an historically important building and centerpiece of the FSU main quadrangle. Over a span of years, BIA has undertaken numerous phased renovation projects at Edgerly. The initial two phases involved the conversion of 5 large classrooms on the 3rd floor into faculty office space for the Mathematics and Computer Science Departments. Perimeter offices were set into the old classroom spaces and new openings were made in existing masonry bearing walls to facilitate interconnections between offices. All new lighting, HVAC system, fire protection, alarms, and exterior windows were installed throughout the floor.
A third phase will provide a new elevator along with upgrades to existing restrooms and construction of new staff toilets.